Benefits of Movement Therapy
Becoming more flexible
Loosening up the muscles, ligaments and tendons in the case of general stiffness or high muscle tone.
Rediscovering residual muscle strength
Build and improve on the muscle strength you do have, or rediscover and apply lost strength.
Loosening up the muscles in the case of sudden spasms.
Strengthening the sense of well-being
Regular exercise, doing something for yourself. This has a positive influence on the sense of mental well-being, even pain can be alleviated and sleeping patterns can improve.
Counteracting the consequences of a lack of movement:
· improve circulation (warm up the legs and ease corresponding pain)
· prevent stiff joints
· keep tendons and ligaments flexible
· improve digestion and bladder function
· counteract brittle bones (osteoporosis)
· reduce water accumulations in the legs (oedemas)
· stimulate circulation and metabolism
Reduce medication and its side effects
Promoting walking ability
To build up and maintain the basic fitness required for walking (i.e. endurance and muscle strength). To reduce limiting muscle stiffness. To improve confidence in walking.